Friday, August 1, 2014

How to Deal with Not Finding A Coke With Your Name On It

Seriously?!
 I understand many people's feelings when they try to find something with their name on it, spelled exactly the way your name is spelled, but you just can't find it.

When I was little, I used to spell my name "Sammy" which is the more common way of spelling the nickname for my legit name, Samantha. But then another girl in my class also liked to be called Sammy and spelled it the same way. I have always been a person who strives to be different. So obviously, I was not having that. I began experimenting.

"Hmm, Sami!" Well, jk because some girl a year older than me spelled her name that way too. So I decided on something I had not seen before. Samy.

Now, people write my name whichever way they want to know and I really don't care either way. But when I was younger (let's say fifth or sixth grade) I was very keen on being different. I wanted to be the ONLY Samy Tracy in the WORLD. Well, I'm sure that is not true nowadays but I liked to think so in my twelve-year-old mind.

It is difficult (especially in this generation) when other people always have different spellings in their name. Calvyn. Whitknee. Cady. Are a few I have come across myself.

In regards to this Coca Cola thing...just get one that says "family" or "friends"on it and call it good. Or if you are like me, get one with a name you have secretly wanted since you were like five.
What I am trying to get at, is to embrace your differences! It's easy to complain that Coca Cola does not have your name on a bottle and you demand justice, but why not just love your name and yourself for who you are and how God made you. Come to terms with the fact that Jesus did not die on the cross for you to have your name on a Diet Coke. We need more praises and less complaints, world!

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment